What is osseous surgery?
What are the Benefits of osseous surgery?
• Better brushing of teeth as a toothbrush can access more areas
• More comfort in getting your teeth cleaned at a dental office
• Fresher breath
• Reduced bleeding of gums
• Healthier mouth
What is done in osseous surgery?
• You will receive a local anesthetic to numb your gums.
• Dr. Adatrow will make a slight incision (cut) around your chewing gum. After that, he will fold the gums back and kill the bacteria underneath. He would then smoothen any region where the bone is broken or irregularly shaped.
• If your bone is badly damaged, you might need bone graft and guided tissue regenerative membranes. These are called periodontal regeneration techniques.
• Your gums will be put back and covered with a periodontal dressing to help control your bleeding.