What is gingivitis?
What is periodontitis?
What is a gingival pocket?
Who is a periodontist?
What are the types of gum disease treatments?
• Non-surgical treatments are scaling, root planing, and antibiotic delivery
• Surgical treatments are gum graft surgery, gingivectomy, dental crown lengthening, and osseous surgery.
• Laser treatments are the surgical gum disease treatments done with laser
How can my bad breath be treated?
• Brush and floss your teeth daily. Remember to clean your tongue, too, to remove bacteria from your surface.
• Get regular dental check-ups and ensure that dentures or braces are correctly fitted and cleaned (and clean dentures thoroughly every night).
• Stop smoking or chewing tobacco.
• Chewing sugarless gum and sugar-free sweets will also prevent the mouth from drying out.
• Keep your mouth moist by drinking water and chewing sugarless gum or sugar-free hard candy to promote the production of saliva. Eat a diet of foods that need to be chewed thoroughly to keep saliva flowing. Foods that need a lot of chewings, such as apples or carrots, are good choices.
• Over-the-counter mouthwash may help kill bad breath causing bacteria and may temporarily mask bad breathing odors but may not treat the underlying cause.
•Drinking water will hydrate you and moisten your mouth too.