Enhance Your Smile With Soft Tissue Grafts
Is your smile unappealing due to excessive exposure of your tooth root?
We can enhance your smile by providing permanent tooth roots coverage with a procedure called soft tissue grafts. Soft-tissue grafting is a standard method to re-establish your gum line, avoid further degradation of gums, and enhance your smile. It is a minor dental surgical procedure done using your soft tissue or a commercially available option. Soft tissue grafting has better success when performed by periodontists with adequate expertise. Dr. Pradeep Adatrow is a periodontist with more than 17 years of experience in gum treatments and is the best expert to deal with tissue grafts.
4E’s of Benefits for soft tissue grafting
Ready to get started?
Reach us now to schedule your consultation
Frequently Asked Questions on Soft Tissue Grafts
What are soft tissue grafts?
What are the types of gum grafting (soft tissue grafting)?
How is soft tissue grafting performed?
- At first, deep cleaning of the teeth and roots is crucial to get rid of calculus (tartar) above and under the gum line.
- The grafting method itself is typically done under local anesthesia but depends on the grafted areas' scale.
- Dr. Adatrow will make a small incision at the receiver's site to create a small pocket.
- This pocket involves a split incision of thickness, and between the two parts of this section, the donor tissue is placed. In general, the strip of the donor tissue is greater than the incision.
- The site might be pre-sutured with a platelet-rich growth factor that stimulates natural tissue growth and promotes good healing.
- Also, proteins that activate tissues may be added to facilitate faster growth of tissue.
- Finally, the wound site will be sutured to stop movement, and surgical material to cover the vulnerable area will be applied.