In order for your dental implants to be work well, a proper diet is need. The success of it depends on various factors, and one of them is ensuring you follow a strict diet. There are foods that you can’t eat for the time being. During your recovery period, hot and spicy foods should be avoided as it can cause irritation at the implant site.
Aside from that, alcohol should be avoided too. Alcohol may contribute to heightened pain and swelling. If you drink alcohol, then the healing process will be slower than expected. Eating sticky and chewy foods are also prohibited. These type of food would require you to chew a lot. That would be a huge no! You can’t really stress your jaw at this time.
Furthermore, you should skip eating small pieces of food such as chips, popcorn, nuts, candy, oats, and many more. These tiny bits and pieces can lead to an infection as they can easily get stuck in your gum line and in between your teeth.
Now, we are done with the list of foods to be avoided. What are you allowed to eat then? Here’s a list:
o This will not need you to move your jaw a lot. Plus, it is rich in vitamin C and fiber.
• Mashed potatoes.
o This is another soft food like the applesauce. Mashed potatoes are rich in fiber as well. If you need to add flavor to a bland mash potato, try adding gravy or cheese.
• Broth-based soups.
o Careful with soups; you should drink it warm and not hot. It’s a good source of protein.
o If you want something sweet, yogurt is the answer. Just avoid the ones with nuts and candied fruits.
More Tips About Food to Follow After the Dental Implant Procedure
Aside from the food, you should also remember these tips:
· Avoid touching the implant site. I know, you are probably curious, but please don’t try to explore and touch anything. Coming into contact with the surgery site might lead to infection.
· How about brushing? Follow the specific instruction of your dental surgeon. You will be given instructions on when and how to brush the implant site.
· Other than that, you will only need to gargle with warm salt water. Just add a 1 teaspoon of salt to an 8 oz. glass of water. To keep your mouth clean, you just need to rinse your mouth with this solution 2x a day. Repeat the process if needed.
· If you need help with swelling, you will need an ice pack. Use it for only 20 minutes, and you need to wait for another 20 minutes before applying a cold compress again.
· Avoid heavy lifting. Your exercise routine can wait. It is best to wait for your doctor’s go signal before working out again. For now, you can to stick to walking and yoga.
The success of your dental implant surgery is a collaborative effort. You have to do your part in making sure it is a success. Your dentist should too! That’s why choosing a trusted partner is essential. Advanced Dental Implant and TMJ Center is a dental clinic that you can rely on. Advanced Dental Implant and TMJ Center is known for its personalized dental treatments. You are definitely in safe hands when you go to Advanced Dental Implant and TMJ Center.