What is flossing?
Why is flossing important?
What are the flossing techniques?
How to floss your teeth?
- Take around 18 to 24 inches of dental floss and cut it in half. To grasp the floss correctly, wrap the majority of it around both of your middle fingers. You should leave around 1 to 2 inches of floss for your teeth.
- Then, using your thumbs and index fingers, pull the floss taut.
- Insert the dental floss between your teeth.
- You should gently move the floss up and down the tooth, rubbing it on both surfaces of the teeth. Do not insert the floss into your gums. Your gums may be scratched or bruised as a result of this.
- Curve the floss at the tooth base to produce a C shape as it reaches your gums. This permits the floss to enter between your gums and your teeth.
- Repeat the procedure as you move from tooth to tooth. Use a fresh section of floss for each tooth.