What is inhalation sedation (nitrous oxide) ?
What are the benefits of inhalation sedation
- Works very rapidly
- No "hangover" effect
- Faster recovery
- Easy to administer
- No needles required
How will I feel during inhalation sedation?
1-5 Beers = nitrous oxide sedation.
What is the nitrous oxide mechanism of action?
When is inhalation sedation not recommended?
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.
- Current respiratory tract infections.
- Recent middle ear disturbance/surgery.
- Severe emotional disturbances or mental health issues
- Drug-related dependencies
- The first trimester of pregnancy
- Cobalamin (vitamin B12) deficiency