What is an immediate denture?
What are the advantages of immediate dentures?
- The most significant thing is that you never have to go into public without teeth.
- The shape, color, and arrangement of your natural teeth are also easier to replicate because some remain in your mouth.
- When an immediate denture is inserted after removing your natural teeth, it serves to protect the wound area and reduce bleeding.
- You need not have to learn to talk without a tooth and then relearn to speak with new teeth, so speech adaption is faster.
- You can also chew better than without teeth, minimize facial distortion due to tooth loss.
Why is immediate denture expensive?
How much time does immediate complete denture take?
What are the drawbacks of an immediate prosthesis?
- Higher prices.
- It's not always possible to see how the tooth would look before extracting and adding the immediate prosthesis.
- An immediate denture is also not always as accurate as of the traditional because tooth extraction changes its structure while healing, and hence fit might get compromised.