What are health conditions that might coexist with TMJ Disorders?
2. Cardiac arrhythmias
3. Chronic fatigue syndrome
4. Chronic headaches - migraine & tension
6. Ear pain & tinnitus (ear ringing)
9. Generalized pain conditions
10. Interstitial cystitis
11. Irritable bowel syndrome
12. Sleep disorders or disturbances
How can my dentist help with my migraines or tension headaches?
How is ear pain related to TMJ?
Are there any health conditions that have similar signs and symptoms as TMD?
• Atypical (vascular) neuralgia
• Hypo- and hyperkinesia (abnormal jaw movements).
• Giant cell arteritis.
• Lyme disease.
• Myositis (muscle inflammation).
• Myositis ossificans (calcification in a muscle).
• Otitis (earache).
• Parotitis (salivary gland inflammation).
• Scleroderma (chronic hardening of the skin).
• Temporal arteritis (inflammation of the temporal artery).
• Trigeminal neuralgia.
• Trotter's syndrome (nasopharyngeal carcinoma).