We all know that your dental implant treatment requires a large investment from you in terms of both time and care both personally and in terms of effort to ensure it’s implanted properly. Follow these guidelines to keep your implants and teeth healthy and long lasting.
Effective home care and hygiene is essential to the success of a dental implant. It's recommended to apply dental medicines or gel as give by the doctor , at least doubly daily , once in the morning and aain once in the evening. There are colorful night guards and hygiene tools and special brushes available too if you want to give that extra care to your implanted teeth .
Before the implant have a detailed talk with your dentist or hygienist to find whether your jawbone actually suits your specific requirements for an implant and how to care for it once it’s done.
1. Regular Dental Care after an implant for most cases is imperative. You must know that seeing a dentist every 6 weeks may be required after an implant. Still, given new implants and teeth, it may be better to have a follow-up visit once every 4 months until the dentist recommends another system.
2. A Night Teeth guard is a must if you have a habit of clinging or grinding your teeth, Night Guard for the mouth will ensure the implanted teeth stays implanted ! It will greatly help cover both your natural teeth and the new teeth supported by your implants. Talk to your dentist about a customized night guard.
3. If you witness any discomfort similar as gum bleeding or swelling after the implant then inform the doctor immediately. Work with your dentist to identify and treat the cause before it becomes a serious problem.
Following All These Instructions Will Help in Better Implantation
4. It’s important to look after your implants during the original mending phase, while you’re waiting for the fusing of your implant to your jawbone.
Good dental implants habits at home, ensures that the implants are successfully fused in your mouth for a continuance.
During this time, you should be careful and abstain from using tobacco and alcohol and take care with eating foods that could loosen your implant before it has a chance to be fixed in place with new bone in the jaw!
5. Imperatively after your dental implant surgery you must avoid hard foods like soup sticks , long straws or sucking action and you’ll be given directions for managing swelling and bleeding. These you must follow!
Be sure to follow all instructions and take all specified drugs as directed by the dental surgeon.
Remember to brush lightly and floss daily in a proper manner!
6. Day to day care of your dental implant is no different than your regular oral health routine for your natural teeth.However, most of us forget regular brushing and flossing but if you want your implant to last , you must ensure this.
If you ’re formerly active with brushing and flossing then this part will be easy for you!
Still, if you struggle to keep up with regular oral health, it’s important to ameliorate it , in order to cover your new implant and your remaining natural teeth.
Schedule an Appointment after a Week
Visiting your dentist after a week for checks and cleaning that can help extend the life of your dental implant.
When to Call your Dentist?
Utmost care is taken in implants so that you do not witness serious issues with the dental implants but if the get any gum swelling , bleeding or redness in your gums or your implant becomes red, painful or uncomfortable or shaky , call your dentist for advice .However, moving or shaking, with your fingers or tongue should be strictly avoided!
If you feel as though your implant is loose, call your doctor immediately.
Dental Implants are designed to last a lifetime.
Dental implants are a permanent solution from endless rounds to your dentist from tooth ache and will give you instant tooth , strong and natural looking without any chances of pain ever !When duly watched for, and cared for initially, your dental implants will last for the rest of your life.
The first care taken at home is important for this implant to set duly and you can be assured that it’ll last for continuity just like your natural teeth!
Never let the price keep you from getting the same day dental implants in Memphis, TN!
Request an initial consultation with Dr. Adatrow to learn more about what you need and how much it will cost. Our doctors and staff will collaborate to create a personalized treatment plan for you and will provide all financing options to help you obtain the smile you deserve. In addition, we will ensure that we offer you top-notch treatment, making dental implants low cost compared with the long-term benefits.
Moreover, Dr. Adatrow has more than 18 years of experience in placing dental implants, with a success rate of over 97%, and can provide you with the best possible dental treatment. He is a Board-Certified Prosthodontist and Periodontist in the mid-south. Please get in touch with our office to schedule your consultation now!