What is occlusion?
What is bite therapy?
How is bite therapy performed?
Bite Adjustment (Occlusal Adjustment) –
This includes reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth to remove unnecessary friction as the teeth come into contact.
Splinting Teeth Together – Teeth may be splinted together with a tooth-colored bonding material. This helps prevent mobile teeth from moving around and aids with the recovery of periodontal therapy.
Braces (Orthodontics) – Braces help in repositioning mal-aligned or drifted teeth.
Replace - Replacing old, worn, or damaged fillings, crowns, etc. can help in correcting the bite.
Smile Makeover - Reconstruction of damaged and worn-out teeth with crowns and bridges may help. This may require dental implants.
What are the benefits of bite therapy?
• Establishes better harmony between teeth
• Reduces temporomandibular joint pain
• Reduces headache, neck and shoulder pain
• Avoids damage to teeth, gums, and underlying bones
• Better chewing efficiency