What will be the cost of gummy smile treatment?
Will my insurance cover my gummy smile treatment?
What diet should I eat after gummy smile treatment?
How painful is gingival contouring?
Will there be bleeding and swelling after gum reshaping?
Will there be sensitivity after esthetic crown lengthening?
What measures should I take after gummy smile treatment?
- Rest for 48-72 hours after the treatment.
- Sleep in a reclining position of 45 degrees by placing pillows under your head. This helps to reduce the swelling.
- Ice packs – put ice packs on the sides of your face, 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. It is essential to apply ice packs for the first two days after the surgery to help with swelling.
- Take your prescription medications as instructed.
- You may feel weird because of the anti-anxiety medicine you took before the operation. It usually subsides within 24 hours, but sometimes it can last up to 1 week.
- Don't eat until the anesthesia is worn, as you can bite your lips, cheek, or tongue, causing harm. You will have some discomfort when the anesthesia is gone.
- Stop smoking, which can be difficult, but your doctor will help you develop a plan that works for you.
- Stop using a straw until your mouth is fully healed
- For the first few days, stick to soft foods
- Avoid physical exercise following surgery
- Adjust your gaze periodically
- After 24 hours, clean your mouth with saltwater.